Monday, January 9, 2012

 Cowboy Serenade

In my new home and location, my new norm is constantly changing. I am very fortunate to have a house a short distance from a beautiful mountain trail. While out hiking one day I decided to stop mid-way to sit and enjoy the view of the valley and mountain range. Soon after, a man on a horse (yes and a cowboy hat, too), asked if he could join me. My responds was; why not. Which seems to be my new motto. After a brief conversation he began singing a cowboy song. A few verses in English and a few in Spanish, what a treat. I don't remember the song and yet will not forget the experience. If I had said no, I would have missed hearing a wonderful voice and taking away his pleasure of giving a gift of song. I expect many more surreal and magical moments in this new land I have moved to. And welcome them with delight of a child and stories to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment